How to prepare the recipe for dumplings with plums / apricots
1. First prepare the breadcrumbs, which are browned in melted butter over low heat, and towards the end of everything mix with the caster sugar! Depending on the taste, we can add 1-2 sachets of vanilla sugar!
2. For the dough, boil the potatoes ... when they are ready, we will crush them - either by hand, or we will give them a mincer, then we will add eggs, 1 tablespoon of sugar, we will add flour, until we obtain a soft dough.
3. With a spoon we take from the resulting composition, we put it in the floured palm (so that it doesn't stick to our hands), then in the middle we put the plum-open and with a little caster sugar over it (or half an apricot), we form a lump, which we give a round shape..and we do so until the end of the whole amount of dough! ..
4. In a large saucepan, boil the water with salt, and when it boils, put it on low heat and add the already formed dumplings. They will rise to the surface on their own when they are cooked!
Drain them in a sieve, then roll them in the mixture of breadcrumbs and sugar!
Dumplings with prunes
1. The wine is boiled, sweetened to taste and flavored with lemon peel. Add the dried, washed plums, bring to a boil, then cover and leave for 3-4 hours to soften. If they have pips, clean them and let them drain in a strainer.
2. Crush the boiled potatoes and mix with the oil. When cool, add the flour and egg. Stir until smooth, then spread on a sheet 2-3 cm thick, which is divided into 12 pieces.
3. Drain the prunes and put them in the dough. Put them in flour and place them one by one in a 3 l pot with boiling water. Let it boil covered, over low heat, for 10-15 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave covered for another 15 minutes.
4. Remove the cooked dumplings from the water and allow to drain. Line with browned breadcrumbs in butter and crushed walnuts, then powder with sugar.
1. Remove the plum seeds, place the fruit in a bowl and sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon on top. Put a pot of water and a little salt on the fire.
2. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Add sifted flour, a pinch of salt, baking soda, semolina and mix.
3. Incorporate the two eggs, one at a time, and knead a homogeneous dough, which is easily shaped (it does not have to be a hard dough).
4. Break a piece of dough, place a plum (or half) in the middle and shape the dumplings. After you have finished the dough, put the dumplings in boiling water and boil them for 20-25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep frying pan and then brown the breadcrumbs. When it has turned golden, add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and a drop of cinnamon and mix.
6. Remove the dumplings and roll them in breadcrumbs, then place them on a plate. Serve warm or cold. They are delicious!
Plum dumplings with scalded dough
Plum dumplings are what in the rest of the country is known as & # 8222 plum dumplings & # 8221. The recipe is of Austro-Hungarian inspiration, in Hungarian galusca = gombóc. In Banat and Transylvania, plum dumplings are a very popular dessert and from here they have spread throughout Romania.
There are enough recipes for the dough of these dumplings, with potatoes (recipe here), with fresh cow's cheese, hasty dough (something like eclairs). Dumplings can also be stuffed with other fillings & # 8211 apricots or cow's cheese with raisins.
I propose to you today a recipe that I have from Amalia & # 8211 intrigued me because it seemed very fast and that's right, dumplings are soft and pleasant and I'm ready to play:
- 150 ml water
- 250 g butter or margarine
- 250 gr gray
- 3-4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- washed and cleaned plums (there is the possibility to make dumplings from whole plums, with everything, that's what my grandmother used to do, I personally don't like it that way because they come out much too big)
- 1 pinch of salt
- cinnamon (optional, I used vanilla sugar, I don't get along with the cinnamon-plum combination)
- 100-200 grams of breadcrumbs (enough to cover all the dumplings)
- 30 grams of butter to brown the breadcrumbs
Water, salt and butter (margarine) are put on the fire.
When the butter has completely melted and the water is boiling, add the semolina, stirring constantly, until it thickens and the liquid is completely absorbed. Set aside and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the breadcrumbs. Stir continuously until the breadcrumbs lightly brown and acquire a pleasant aroma.
Remove from the heat and mix with sugar (I prefer caster sugar, I like it crispy, but you can also powdered sugar) to taste. Keep in mind that the dough is not sweet at all, only the sugar in the breadcrumbs will give the sweet taste of the dumplings. Add vanilla sugar and / or cinnamon and mix well.
Meanwhile, the scalded semolina has cooled. Add eggs (depending on size, 3 or 4) and flour.
Knead quickly and the dough is ready:
Put water to boil in a large bowl. Washed and cleaned plums (or whole kernels, as you like) are broken in two, if they are too big. Pieces of the size of a large walnut are broken from the dough, which are flattened in the palm (the dough is not sticky at all), add plum in which you can put sugar (optional) with vanilla and / or cinnamon:
Close the edges of the dough, covering the plum well, and stick. Shape the dumplings:
The dumplings are all boiled at once in boiling water, until they rise to the surface (I left them for another 2-3 minutes, in small boils, to make sure that the plum was boiled as well):
Remove with a whisk and roll immediately in the breadcrumbs with sugar.
They are wonderful both hot and cold, the plum is sweet-sour, fragrant, in the dough only & # 8217 good in consistency, crispy breadcrumbs & # 8230 almost do not know anything better!
If you like it, share it with your friends!
1 kg of potatoes
300 g flour
Salt to taste
500 g plums
6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Method of preparation:
Wash the plums, remove the seeds, place them in a bowl and sprinkle with caster sugar.
In a saucepan put 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs and leave on the fire, stirring constantly until it turns a brown color. After the breadcrumbs have browned, remove the pan from the heat, add the caster sugar and mix until smooth.
Wash the potatoes and boil them in a pot with water and salt. Let it boil until it softens, then take them out and drain them, peel them and put them through the potato press. Add an egg, salt, flour and mix everything until you get a homogeneous composition.
We take a spoonful of the potato composition, we put it in the palm, we put half a plum in the middle and we form a round dumpling.
In a saucepan put salted water, and boil the dumplings. When dumplings start to rise to the surface, it means they are cooked. Drain them on a plate and sprinkle them with breadcrumbs with sugar.
Dumplings with plums and vanilla sauce. Plum Cookie Recipe - Ingredients:
- 1 kg round, flavored plums
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 250 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 200 g raw sugar or caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 100 g butter
- For the vanilla sauce:
- 4-5 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 v & acircrf teaspoon of salt
- 500 ml of milk
- 1 stick of vanilla bourbon
How to make a recipe for plum dumplings (plum dumplings)?
The potatoes are washed and boiled whole, peeled, in enough water to cover them and 1 pinch of salt.
Some tips for plum-filled dumplings:
-boiled in the shell, the potatoes will not be watery and will be much tastier. If you clean them before boiling, they will absorb more water, you will need more flour and the dumplings will be stronger, not fluffy and soft.
-use yellow, floury potatoes, not pink potatoes.
When they are well cooked (prick them with a fork), drain the water and immediately remove the core. I put them on a bottom and with a spoon I break them in 2 and take out the core. I finish immediately and don't bother at all.
Add butter or oil, a pinch of salt (as much as 3 fingers) over the hot potatoes and mix everything very well with a whisk. Mix well until the potatoes are well crushed. Now put the eggs and mix everything well again, with quick movements. It can be done with the robot, but also with the hand, about 5 minutes.
Tips from Gina Bradea on dumplings stuffed with plums
Stir for a few minutes, quickly, so that the eggs do not coagulate and this puree to absorb air - we will have fluffy dumplings
Now add the semolina and flour and mix everything with a spoon. We will get a soft dough. Don't be scared and leave the bowl of dough in the freezer for 30 minutes. It will strengthen.
Trick for plum dumplings:
-Replace 1 tablespoon of semolina with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, the dumplings will be yellower and with a special taste. The Malay gives them something extra, as if the dough is much tastier and finer
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
Separately put in a bowl 2 tablespoons of sugar with a little cinnamon. Here we will roll the plums a little before putting them in the dumplings. If you want, you can also add a drop of vanilla.
We prepare the flavored breadcrumbs for plum dumplings / plum dumplings
Melt the butter in a pan, then add the breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon, mix everything quickly until smooth. It lasts a maximum of 5 minutes.
Put 2-3 liters of cold water in a saucepan, with 1 drop of salt (take 3 fingers).
The dumpling dough is checked now and if it is much too soft, you can add 1 tablespoon of flour and knead quickly, but without insisting too much, so that it does not become gummy like a rubber. I have often met hard and gummy dumplings with housewives & # 128577
Tip for preparing plum dumplings:
Sprinkle the dough with flour, you can work easier. Grease your hands with oil: it is good to have a little oil at hand, in a bowl and always grease your hands.
How do we form plum dumplings?
With your hands greased with oil, make a roll out of the dough and break 20-25 pieces as evenly as possible. Take a piece of dough, flatten it and put in the middle a plum soaked in flavored sugar. Give it a round shape and place it on a tray or plate greased with oil. We do the same with all the dumplings until we finish making them.
Do you see how yellow and beautiful my dumplings are? I put country eggs from my chickens and I added 1 tablespoon of corn.
When the water boils, put the dumplings, but not all at once, so that they have a place to boil, so that they do not stick. Boil over high heat and after everything boils, reduce the heat a little. Leave until the dumplings rise to the surface and then another 5-6 minutes, so that they are well cooked.
Remove easily with a whisk and place in the flavored breadcrumbs. Roll well on all sides, to gather as much breadcrumbs as possible. Place it nicely on the plate and when they are ready, sprinkle all the remaining breadcrumbs on top.
Be very careful, handle them easily, they are fragile and break immediately. I broke 2 dumplings, but I ate them with a lot of appetite immediately & # 128578
They are delicious hot or cold, they can be served plain or with yogurt or sour cream and vanilla.
I really like yogurt in which I add a drop of vanilla.
If you want, you can mix yogurt or sour cream with sugar and vanilla or vanilla sugar. The combination is wonderful! & # 128578
You can make these plum dumplings (or plum dumplings) with any kind of seasonal fruit, fresh or dried or even with jam. Do you know how tasty they are with cherries, sour cherries, apricots, apples or even oranges?
Try the recipe and you will see for yourself how tasty they are.
Made according to this recipe, plum dumplings will be slightly fluffy, not sticky and hard as stone.
Don't forget to add the secret ingredient: sprinkle abundantly with love and 2-3 smiles.
- Dough dumplings
- 500 g potatoes (5 medium potatoes)
- 140 g flour
- 3 tablespoons semolina
- 2 small eggs
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla (1/2 sachet of vanilla sugar)
- Filling and decoration
- 15 small plums
- 30 g butter
- 120 g pesmet
- 100 g sugar
First we wash the potatoes well and boil them in their skins until the fork enters them easily. Then we peel them, we pass them with the mashing tool or with a vertical mixer and we let them cool very well.
While the potatoes cool, prepare the decoration. In a non-stick pan, melt the butter and fry the breadcrumbs in it until it becomes golden. and mix well.
Now put a pot of water to boil and continue with the dumpling dough. Over the mashed potatoes add flour, semolina, eggs, salt and vanilla. Mix until the composition is homogeneous and get a sticky dough.
I unwrapped the plums (I chose the smallest ones I found) and removed the seeds and in the middle I sprinkled cinnamon and put walnut kernels. You can put only halves of plum, with cinnamon or without, with sugar, or as you prefer.
With our hands floured or moistened with water, we take pieces of dough, form a disc, put the plum inside and close it, forming balls. I prefer large dumplings and put whole plums with walnuts and cinnamon in the middle. From the composition I obtained 15 chubby dumplings.
When the water has started to boil, add a teaspoon of grated salt and boil the dumplings for 4-5 minutes from the moment they come to the surface.
Then we take them out and roll them in the toasted breadcrumbs mixed with sugar and cinnamon.
Eat warm dumplings. They are good and cold, the dough is soft, and the juicy plum and walnut inside give the dumplings an extra flavor. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
That's right plum dumplings were some of the sweets you ate most often and with the greatest pleasure as a child? That was the case with me.
There is no autumn without a portion of dumplings with plums and it does not exist even now. I make them every year, following my mother's recipe for dumplings with plums and semolina.
They come out very fluffy due to the semolina, and so good that I always stop only after the third galusca. Because I really like all the dumpling dough, I fill them with pretty small plum halves and I always eat the plum before, to stop what I like at the end, that is the crispy dough and breadcrumbs.
I stayed with this habit since childhood. Cristi prefers a balance between dough and plums so I made some dumplings with small plum halves and the others with larger plum halves.
Plum dumplings are also known in certain regions of the country as gomboti or knedle with plums. The dumpling dough is made from potatoes, flour, semolina, eggs and is usually stuffed with plums. I also ate apricot dumplings, they are delicious and very fragrant.
For the dough of apricot dumplings, my grandmother used a dough with cow's cheese, similar to the dough for boiled papansi.
After boiling, roll the dumplings in a mixture of breadcrumbs fried in butter and sugar.
The sugar is always added after we turn off the heat, in the hot breadcrumbs, and mix well.
What kind of potatoes do we use for plum dumplings?
For some successful plum dumplings, we must use old floury white potatoes, by no means new potatoes and, likewise, I do not recommend red potatoes. Potatoes for dumplings should be boiled in their skins. If we clean and cut them into pieces, they will absorb water during boiling, and the dough will need much more flour to bind.
What plums do we use for dumplings?
I use Romanian plums for dumplings, they seem to me the most suitable for this traditional dessert. When I was little, I picked them from the yard and it seemed like the dumplings tasted even better. No matter where you buy your plums, if you want to enjoy some fluffy and tasty dumplings, they must be well cooked (if you like plums as much as I do, try the recipe for Plum Cake and Crumble hazelnuts, one of my favorites).
And if you want to try a more unique taste, try replacing plums with black figs small whole. Last year, because I had a lot of figs, I said to make a round of dumplings with the smallest of them. They came out wonderful! So tasty, this year I will definitely make a portion of dumplings with plums and one with figs.
I invite you to try your mother's recipe for dumplings with plums. It's very simple and, if you follow the tips below, it will turn out wonderfully tasty.
I look forward to you telling me how you felt.
Ingredients & # 8211 Plum dumplings ( gomboti) & # 8211 12 pcs. big
- 700 g old floury white potatoes
- 150 & # 8211 160 g flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 50 & # 8211 60 g gray
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 g breadcrumbs (pt tablet)
- about 70 -75 g of sugar (for rolls)
- 40 g butter (for breadcrumbs)
- 6 plums
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (for plums)
Preparation & # 8211 Dumplings (dumplings) with plums
- For starters, wash the plums, wipe them well and cut them in half. We put them in a plate and powder them with 2-3 tablespoons of sugar.
- We wash the potatoes and boil them whole, we don't clean them or cut them. Boil the potatoes over low heat, this way you avoid cracking the peel. If we have a cracked skin, the potato absorbs water and the dough will swallow more flour. I usually boil more potatoes, if one cracks, you can choose another potato with the skin intact. After the potatoes have boiled, take them out of the water and let them cool.
If you have boiled potatoes and you don't know what to do with them, I recommend you try these Potato Pies in a frying pan or Potato Gnocchi and sour cream sauce.
- While the potatoes are boiling, melt the butter in a non-stick pan over low heat and add the breadcrumbs. Brown it over low heat for a few minutes. When it turns golden, turn off the heat and add the sugar. Sugar is always added after we turn off the heat. I always used caster sugar, not powdered sugar. I love the crunchy combination of breadcrumbs and caster sugar! If you want, you can add a little cinnamon in the breadcrumbs, I personally prefer only breadcrumbs and sugar. Mix well and let it cool completely.
- After they have cooled, we clean the potatoes and put them through the grater with small holes. Add eggs, salt, flour and semolina and mix. We will get a sticky but homogeneous dough.
- I do not advise you to add more flour because the dumplings will be hard after boiling. Only if the dough is extremely wet, we can add a maximum of 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of semolina. The consistency of the dough should be slightly sticky. Don't worry, the dumplings will shape without problems, if we have our hands permanently watered.
- We fill a pot with water and boil it. When it starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of oil and ½ teaspoon grated salt.
- With wet hands (after each dumpling, we wet our hands with water again), break the pieces of dough and flatten them. We put half a plum in the center of each one, then we close the dough and give it a dumpling shape.
- We place the plum dumplings formed on a flat plate also watered with water. The dumplings will sit quietly on the plate, without sticking to it, until they are boiled.
- Put the dumplings in the pot, 3-4 at a time, and boil them until they rise to the surface on their own. We don't boil a lot of dumplings at once because they can stick together. Remove them with a spatula with holes and put them directly in the pan with breadcrumbs. We rotate them on all sides, so that they are perfectly wrapped in crispy breadcrumbs.
- Serve the plum dumplings immediately, hot, or let them cool. I like colds, but I never refuse a hot plum dumpling.
Take full advantage of these wonderful fruits!
Plums are not only delicious, but also very healthy. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, K, potassium and fiber. They stimulate memory, prevent heart disease and diabetes, fight anemia, treat constipation and are full of good carbohydrates.