- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 2 cups chopped button mushrooms (about 5 ounces)
- 3 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 3/4 cup 1/3-inch cubes carrots
- 2 cups diced trimmed asparagus (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup shelled fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus additional for drizzling
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until beginning to soften, 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add rice and stir until translucent at edges, 5 minutes. Add wine. Stir until liquid is absorbed, 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth. Simmer until broth is absorbed, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Add carrots, asparagus, and 1 cup broth. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes. Continue to add remaining broth, then water, 1 cup at a time, until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, stirring often and letting almost all liquid be absorbed after each addition, about 25 minutes total.
Stir 1 cup cheese, peas, parsley, and mushrooms into risotto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Cook eggs, without turning, until whites are cooked through and yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
Mound 1 cup risotto on each of 4 plates. Using back of spoon, make hollow in top of each mound. Top each with egg; drizzle with oil. Serve, passing additional cheese.